Say goodbye to summer, at least officially. Fall has arrived, and for many it’s their favorite time of the year. And why not, the morning air is cool and crisp, the summer heat is mostly gone, and nature is putting on a spectacular show of color. Your friends at Builder’s Heating & Air Conditioning hope you enjoy all of it, but remember that when autumn arrives, winter isn’t far behind.
The Old Farmer’s Almanac prediction is for cooler and wetter than normal weather. Don’t let the change catch you unprepared. Now is the best time to call us for your heating system tune-up. The best way to keep your home comfortable and protected from the outside elements is with ongoing maintenance. Our technicians can handle whatever system your home or business uses:
- Forced air heating
- Hot water heating
- Steam heating
- Radiant heating
- Heat pumps
It’s also time to schedule your end-of-the-season shutdown for your evaporative cooler. Unlike air conditioners, you can’t just shut them off. Swamp coolers require a specific shutdown procedure to prevent damage:
- Proper draining to prevent your water line from freezing and splitting
- Protect the cooler unit from damage caused by frozen water or rusting.
- Prevent winter heat loss from the swamp cooler vent.
Now is also the time to start making preparations for the holidays. Among the improvements you might want to consider:
- Add a mini-split heat pump for supplemental heating
- Install a tankless water heater to assure hot showers for all your guests
- A new climate controlled wine room will make you the envy of family & friends
Call Builder’s Heating & Air Conditioning now to make sure you are ready for the change of seasons. When it comes to residential HVAC work we’ve been keeping Denver and the suburbs comfortable since 1950.